Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and foods to use in the Fall and Winter time. Hey, I even use it in the months we aren’t supposed to think about it. Shhh. I guess pumpkin is technically a fruit, but often treated like a veggie. I’m sure the pumpkin is confused! Pumpkin is FULL of good stuff. It’s high in Vitamin A and Zinc. Only one cup of pumpkin has about 3 grams of fiber. It’s also wonderful because it’s said to help keep a person feeling full for longer! The super cool fact that one cup contains no fat and only 50 calories is a gift to a Trim Healthy Mama! That is one amazing, God-created, power food! You can read a few more facts HERE.
I may be wrapped in a blanket, but I still enjoy my protein shakes when it’s chilly outside! I usually make up my own recipe or just throw things together when it comes to my shakes, but today I thought I’d try to write down my favorite, favorite pumpkin shake for you. I hope you enjoy it like I do. I know there are many pumpkin shakes out there, but why not another?
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (you can use another on plan Fuel Pull milk)
- ½ cup water
- 1 scoop THM Pristine Protein Powder
- ½ Tbs THM Sweet Blend or 1 Tbs Truvia (use sweetener of your choice)
- 3 Tbs Pumpkin (only pumpkin, not pie filling)
- ¼ cup of 1-2% cottage cheese
- ⅛ tsp maple flavoring
- ½ tsp vanilla
- dash high mineral sea salt
- cinnamon (two shakes..might be about ¼ tsp)
- nutmeg (small dash)
- clove (small dash)
- 1 Tbs heavy whipping cream (for S shake)
- 7 ice cubes (how I prefer it)
- I place all the ingredients except the ice in the blender or in my Ninja.
- I zoom it up for about 20 seconds.
- I then add 7 ice cubes and process again until it's well blended.
- Makes 2- 2&1/2 cups.